maandag 10 september 2012

Countdown

As I'm writing this it's only nine hours until I'll start riding. It's awfully close. Today I pitched my tent to check if I could still do it - is that really all the space I'll have most nights in the coming months? Did I really do everything? Won't I have to call mom and dad to bring me something I forgot after I rode the first 60 kilometers?

I checked off everything on my todo list, so I should be safe!

What's more, actually I already started. Last Saturday was the "prologue" of my trip, if I may for once be so vain to compare my ride to a pro race.  I rode my touring bike, unloaded, from my former home in Utrecht to my parents in Didam. The route can be found on MapMyRide:

Find more Bike Ride in Werkhoven, Netherlands

Unfortunately, I started my GPS only after some 10 km.

Of course, no daft plan can go without some DIYing in the parents' garage. Here's a picture of my bike being loaded.



So now it's time for some good sleep before I get going. Thanks to everyone who wished me luck. I'm looking forward to letting you know how it feels to be riding with such a distant goal!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten